In 1996 Roman Soloviy graduated from the Ivan Franko Lviv National University, majoring in History of Ukraine. In 2000 he defended Ph.D. thesis on "Confessional and cultural-educational activity of the Ukrainian Evangelical-Reformed Church in the Western Ukraine (1925-1939)" and received a Ph.D. degree in religious studies. April 28, 2017, he defended dissertation for the Dr. Hab. degree in Theology.
From 2015 to the present he serves as the editor-in-chief of Euro-Asian Journal of Theology: Theological Reflections. Since 2018 he is a Chief Editor of Book Series Contemporary Protestant Theology(with Spirit and Letter)
Under Dr. Soloviy supervision were defended two Dr. Hab. dissertations in theology: Sergiy Sannikov, The phenomenon of water baptism in the context of modern Baptist sacramentology(2018), Mykhaylo Mokienko, Pentecostalism: Features of Theological and Social Identification(2018), as well as one PhD dissertation for the: Anatoliy Denysenko, Liberation Theology: Critical Analysis(2019).
Since 2017 Roman Soloviy is Deputy Chairman of the Specialized Academic Council at Dragomanova National Pedagogical University. Since 2019 - Member of the Fellowship of European Evangelical Theologians.
The Phenomenon of the Emerging Church in the Context of Theological and Ecclesiological Transformations in Contemporary Western Protestantism(Kyiv: Spirit and Letter, 2016).
- “Reception of Paul Ricœur's Ideas of ‘Hermeneutics of Suspicion’ in the Merold Westphal’s Philosophy of the Religion.” Sententiae9 (2013): 91-100.
- “John Caputo's Post-Metaphysical Theology of Event.” Skhid136 (2015): 66-75.
- “The concept of ontotheology in Kant and Heidegger and the possibility of religion: contemporary protestant interpretation.” KazNU Bulletin. Philosophy series. Cultural science series. Political science series55(2016):273-280.
- “Virtue, character and community: the peculiarities of theological ethics of Stanley Hauerwas.”Актуальні проблеми філософії та соціології 10 (2016): 141-144.
- “Western Protestantism in the Postmodern Context: Theological and Sociological Interpretations of the Emerging Church Movement.” Ukrainian Religious Studies. Current religious problems 77 (2016): 82-88.
- “The Challenge of Postmodernism to Christian theology:Methodological and Radical Strategies of Engagement.” TheologicalReflections.Special issue“Reformation: East-European Dimensions”(2016):222-233.
- “John Caputo’s Teopeticsand Theoplitics.”Scientific Yearbook of the Institute of Philosophy and Law of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences V.17, N. 3(2017): 7–21.
- “The Challenges of Radical Hospitality for Evangelical Public Theology: The Ukrainian Case” (forthcoming)
- “‘Messianicnity without Messianism’: to the Place of Religion in the Philosophy of Jacques Derrida” (forthcoming)